Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What Do I WANT

The New Year is almost here and you ask what I want. Let me tell you what I want, what I really really want.

First let me tell you that instead of spending time reflecting about what I should write for the upcoming New Year, instead of dedicating myself to being a better person, I have been thinking about Tiger. The media driven drama around him right now is amazing. I have another post composed in my head thanking Tiger; I hope to get it written out soon.

But back to the task at hand. What do I want and what is preventing it me from getting it? I will skip the unselfish wants (happy kids, world peace etc..) and focus on me. That’s right I am willing to admit that to know and get what I really want first requires me to acknowledge and embrace the narcissistic zone.

What do I want my sultry web friend asks. Such a simple question has thrown me into one of the many crossroads of life. Yes I am standing in front of the devil with my guitar, what I do.

I want to be able to spend time doing what I WANT. I like the mountains, I like the beach. I want to split my time between the two. I don’t want to be dragged down by others; I don’t want someone else’s negative energy sucking on my life force.

SO how do I get there from here? First I have to acknowledge that it is me that is preventing me from reaching my ill defined goals. Step one is to define them somewhat better.

A) Buy a Beach house
B) Buy a house in the mountains
C) Purge the negative people from my life

My objective today is remove all the negative family and friends that I have from outlook and my cell phone contacts.

Buying two more houses is not realistic today, and If I had them today I could not enjoy them, but 11 years from now, the youngest will be in college (already paid for) and I will be able to enjoy them. I give my self this week to set out a plan for A) buying the two houses and B) being able to enjoy them. Next week the goal is turn planning into action.

That last word is key to whatever it is you want. Action. Without action it does not matter what you want. With action you can own the world, if you want.

And for all of you negative Nellie’s out there, don’t judge me for wanting 2 “vacation” homes. The houses are irrelevant; they are a vehicle for getting me to where I want to be physically.

You can judge me for saying negative Nellie.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talking about. So glad you didn't give me some bullshit answer like world peace. "Want" is a selfish thing. Now that you have your plan I can expect to see photos of these new homes soon. Are you really going to eliminate negative family? If you figure out how to do that... let ME know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. easier to do that than the friends, my family is already pretty fragmented, I just will not contact them. My father will be the hard one, but will work to liimit contact to 3 or 4 times a year. I deleted 46 phone numbers from my cell phone contact list, it felt good.

    ReplyDelete